Effective Date: September 1, 2018
Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.mynyimbo.com.
- Access Nyimbo’s Website
- Register on and use Website
- Upload content through our Website
- Make a purchase or payment through our Website
- Interact with email communications
- Contact customer support
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Nyimbo does not own or control, or to individuals that Nyimbo does not employ or manage.
What Personal Information Does Nyimbo Collect?
In connection with the Website and the Service, we request certain personal information about you and at times, may display limited information to other users and visitors of our Website, which may allow users to identify each other. We collect the following types of information from users of the Service:
- USER INFORMATION, such as the name, username, password, email address, country of residence, zip/postal code, photograph or other likeness, biography, location, tags, settings, associations with artists and fans, purchase history, and any other information you provide in connection with your user account.
- USER FINANCIAL INFORMATION, such as credit or debit card number, bank account number, and billing and shipping address. This information is collected and processed by our payment processors (such as PayPal), as necessary to complete your purchase. We do not receive your credit card information directly, but we may receive information about the transaction, such as the date and time it occurred. This information may or may not be associated with an existing user or fan account on the website.
- EMAILS AND MESSAGES, including receipts, newsletters, and support contact. This information consists of the emails we send to individuals, and the messages that users may send to one another.
- CREATIVE/CREATOR INFORMATION, including, album title, track titles, artwork, lyrics, metadata, and contributor/collaborator identities.
In addition to the above, we may automatically collect the following types of information:
- WEBSITE ACTIVITY INFORMATION, such as application logs, data files, information collected by cookies, IP address, browser information, and metrics generated in the normal operation of a website. “Application logs” are text files in which are recorded most of the activities on a website, including page visits, payments, and usage. Website activity information is sometimes associated with an IP address or other Personal Information.
- INFORMATION COLLECTED VIA COOKIES. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. Nyimbo cookies do not collect Personal Information, and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or email address is.
- WE MAY USE GOOGLE ANALYTICS to collect and process analytical data about users of Nyimbo’s website. Google Analytics tracks your interaction with the Site and stores information about IP address, operating system, web browser, pages visited, information about demographics of our website users, the device used, and where the visit originated. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For Which Purposes Will Nyimbo Use My Personal Information?
The information we gather from users of the Website enables us to personalize and improve our Service and may be used for the following purposes:
- To allow you to use the Service, to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users, and to allow users to identify each other by displaying Personal Information to other users and visitors of the Service;
- To operate, evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of, and optimizing the content you see; analyzing our products, services, website, mobile application (if any), and any other digital assets; facilitating the functionality of our website, mobile application (if any), and any other digital assets;
- To process sales and purchases, to transfer money, and to provide the expected receipts, statistics, and reports to the band and its customers;
- To perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- In connection with prospective service engagements, partnerships or vendor relationships;
- To comply with law enforcement requests and other legal obligations;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Nyimbo, our employees, our users, or others, including by taking measures to prevent fraud and reduce credit risk;
- To comply with industry standards and our policies.
- We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Will Nyimbo Share Any of the Personal Information it Receives?
We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information only as described below.
- AGENTS: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf (such as web developers) and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, Nyimbo’ agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
- COMMUNICATION IN RESPONSE TO USER SUBMISSIONS: As part of the Website and Services, you will receive from Company email and other communication relating to your User submissions. You acknowledge and agree that by posting such User Submissions, Company may send you email and other communication that it determines in its sole discretion relate to your User Submissions.
- BUSINESS TRANSFERS: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Nyimbo, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Nyimbo goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Nyimbo may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
- PROTECTION OF NYIMBO AND OTHERS: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Nyimbo, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- WITH YOUR CONSENT: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third-arties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
For how long do you store my Personal Information?
The Personal Information we collect from you will be held for as long as:
- You use our Service
- We have to because of legal reasons
- We need to process any payments remaining
- We need to, to prevent fraud and other crimes
What are the steps you take to keep my Personal Information secure?
Nyimbo endeavors to protect user information to ensure that your Personal Information is kept private. We use physical, managerial, and technical security measures to protect your Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. In particular, we take steps to ensure that our employees and service providers who have access to your Personal Information only process it upon our instructions, unless otherwise required by law.
However, no measures are 100% secure and unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of your Personal Information. To protect the security of your data, you need to select and protect your password appropriately and limit access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
How can I contact you or request amendments to my Personal Information?
Please send a detailed email to firstname.lastname@example.org describing your request. Be sure to include as much detail as possible such that we may provide a timely response. Upon receipt, provided we have no questions or concerns, we will make the requested changes within 72hours, otherwise, we will contact you back with a request for additional information or clarification.